Skin Exfoliator Oil (chemical peel)
Our Skin Exfoliator Oil is a 4-Acid blended (AHA's & BHA's) peel that exfoliates the top layer of skin. Mild to moderate formula, yet effective and suitable for all skin types, this peel can be done in the comfort of your home without supervision of a dermatologist. Your new, regenerated skin will appear more youthful, brighter and smoother.
Who is an ideal candidate for a chemical peel?
(chemical peels are not for everyone)
2 oz. bottle yields 6+ full applications
- Helps to control acne, reduce inflammation, minimize breakouts
- Improve complexion, even skin tone
- Reduce hyperpigmentation, melasma, sun damage
- Reduce fine lines & wrinkles, stimulate production of collagen
- Exfoliate the skin for a softer texture
Products consumer provides for this process:
Use what is stated! No other alternatives!!!
- Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Healing ointment: pick 1- Cerave, Aquaphor or petroleum jelly (vaseline)
- Cotton balls or brush to apply your peel
- Broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 daily to protect treated skin during the healing process (recommendation Black Girl Sunscreen) you can purchase it on our website or find a brand that YOU like.
- Hydrocortisone cream (optional) use if needed for persistent itch.
☀️AM or 🌙PM
3 day application process
BEFORE YOUR PEEL
For best results, discontinue all other products and prep the skin using Cerave foaming facial cleanser for a 3-5 day’s prior to peel application
- Wash your hands and cleanse the skin with Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser to remove any oil, dirt, makeup and pat the skin dry.
- Saturate 1/2 cotton ball or brush, whichever you prefer with the Skin Exfoliator Oil (you want the cotton ball moist, but not dripping). Hold the dry half with your fingertips and gently apply oil to the face. Throat & neck area is optional. Avoid your mouth, corners of lips, nostrils, and eyes.
- With 10 minute intervals, apply a total of 3-5 coats of oil. If you have sensitive skin, start out with 3 coats of oil, then progress if your skin can tolerate more coats. All other skin types apply 5 coats of oil. Repeat for three (3) consecutive nights.
- DO NOT RINSE THE OIL OFF! Leave oil on skin overnight. DO NOT CLEANSE YOUR FACE or the desired treatment area for 72 HOURS(3 DAYS) to ensure that the oil has absorbed properly into the skin
- Apply 3-5 coats on your 2nd night. DO NOT RINSE THE OIL OFF!
IT IS POSSIBLE & NORMAL FOR ONE TO EXPERIENCE SOME PEELING/FLAKING ON DAY 2. If this is your case, you can proceed with the 3rd application, but make sure you PROTECT THE PEELING/FLAKING SKIN WITH OINTMENT.
NEVER APPLY OIL ONTO BROKEN SKIN (skin that’s already started peeling) It will burn!
- Apply 3-5 coats on your 3rd night. DO NOT RINSE THE OIL OFF!
- Rinse oil off skin the 4th morning with Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and cool water. Apply healing ointment and sunscreen.
▪️During your peeling process, you cleanse your face with Cerave foaming facial cleanser only.
(AM & PM)
▪️Apply healing ointment AM & PM during your process. Always keep the skin moisturized.
▪️Apply sunscreen in the AM only.
Common, but temporary side effects:
After Skin Exfoliator Oil is applied, your skin may appear red like a sunburn or darker, that is normal.
Skin may be more sensitive during the peeling process.
- Changes in skin color. A chemical peel can cause treated skin to become darker than normal (hyperpigmentation) or lighter than normal (hypopigmentation). Hyperpigmentation is more common after superficial peels, while hypopigmentation is more common after a deep peel. Changes in skin color are more common in people who have darker skin and can be permanent.
- The peeling process can take up to 7 days or longer to complete.
- Your skin may look and feel like you have a sunburn. That is normal and the redness will go away.
- As you cleanse your freshly peeled skin, apply your ointment and sunscreen. The products may sting/burn for a couple of minutes and stop.
- Apply cool compress if needed!
- Do not pick or pull the peeling skin. Let the skin slough off naturally.
- Your skin may turn a dark brownish color. That is normal, just keep the skin moisturized it will peel.
- Keeping the skin moisturized while you are peeling is essential. Slather on your healing ointment or petroleum jelly (vaseline),
- Apply healing ointment whenever your skin feel or look dry, or itchy. This can be done several times during the day.
- Take extra precautions to guard your skin against sun exposure by wearing SPF 30 or higher sunscreen. Continue to apply your healing ointment and sunscreen daily during your peeling process until peeling is complete and skin has healed.
You must wait at least one week or longer after your chemical peel is complete, skin is done peeling before you use any other facial products: cleanser’s, serums, shaving, waxing, laser treatments, etc. You can repeat a chemical peel 4 weeks after your last application, that is ONCE A MONTH ONLY!
Salicylic Acid, Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, HQ
Storage: Room temperature. Keep away from direct heat.
Best Used By: One year from date of purchase.
Shake well before use
*This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The Brandi Glow products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information herein does not constitute medical advice. User reviews do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results. What works for one may or may not work for another. You are solely responsible for the use and misuse of products offered and for all actions and consequences of that use or misuse. Because each person's skin is unique, we make no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the effectiveness of products. You are using products listed on our website at your sole risk and are responsible for all actions and consequences of use and misuse.
Product for external use only .
Always perform a patch test before use!
If irritation or allergic reaction occurs, take an antihistamine and discontinue use.